Wednesday 18 October 2017

Genius Hour Reflection 1: I Finally Decided on What to do!



So in my introductory post I was talking about how I was really unsure about what I should do for this Genius Hour Project. I talked about how I was thinking of expanding my passion for performance by learning a new aspect of performance. This thought stuck with me as I continued to search for the perfect topic. Since I could not seem to stay away from doing something with performance I decide to go with my first thought which was to learn an instrument. Years ago, I received a ukulele for Christmas. I loved it! I also played with it for literally about an hour and since I never took the initiative to get lessons it just sat around collecting dust. This was something I decided I did not want to live with anymore. So I am happy and excited to start learning to play a song on the ukulele! One song that I know only uses a ukulele and voice is the Song Lava. I first heard it when I went to go watch the movie Inside out. It was just an adorable Pixar short film they played before the movie. The song is about 7 minutes long and in the next few weeks I am determined to learn it all!
I think that this will be a good experience and I am happy and eager to begin the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cross Curricular Oral Communication

For the first three years of my teaching experience, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach drama to a wide range of students ...