Wednesday 18 October 2017

Genius Hour Reflection 3: My Sore Fingers



Now that I have found some great resources that work well for me I have just been doing nothing but practicing. That being said however, I feel like I've hit one of my first rough patches, starting to build the calices on the tips of my fingers so they don't hurt so much when I'm playing my ukulele. My fingers hurt so much right now, its not very fun! I feel like I am just waiting for this part to be over so that way I can just play without worrying about sore fingers. Right now just playing an hour a day is making my fingers pretty sore. But what is kind of cool is that I feel like I can feel the calices forming which is an awesome thing. Regardless of the pain I have proudly pushed through and I am still practicing as much as I can each day. I have to admit at the beginning I was dedicating more than an hour a day, and that's really just because I feel like I am having a lot of fun with this project. I am struggling still and I know that I am nowhere near performance ready but the process so far has been great I feel so motivated to make it perfect, and I think that has a lot to do with me being able to choose exactly what I wanted to work on over the course of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cross Curricular Oral Communication

For the first three years of my teaching experience, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach drama to a wide range of students ...