Wednesday 18 October 2017

Genius Hour Reflection 4: Learning to Sing and Play at the Same Time



So I have this new found respect for anyone who sings and plays an instrument at the same time. Throughout this process I have really had some fun, I am happy to say that I am feeling more and more confident each day with my Ukulele playing. However over the last few days I have began singing the lyrics while playing the ukulele at the same time and now I feel as if I am learning the song from scratch again. I am unsure if it is because I am bad multi tasker or I don't quite have the lyrics memorized but nonetheless it has been a challenge to combine the singing and playing together. However practice really does make perfect and thankfully this has not totally discouraged me from the project. I will keep persisting through it, but I have to say that I cannot wait until I just get to the first chorus smoothly! It is in setting these little goals for myself that I feel has helped not to lose motivation. I think that if I only had the big picture in mind then I feel like I would lose motivation because of course it has been weeks and I still cannot play it perfectly. But since I have had small little checkpoint throughout this process I still feel as if I am on track and that these setbacks are not all that significant when it comes to the main performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cross Curricular Oral Communication

For the first three years of my teaching experience, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach drama to a wide range of students ...