Wednesday 18 October 2017

Genius Hour Reflection 5



I feel so accomplished! I am finally able to play through the first half of the song, I have the lyrics basically memorized, I am just struggling to remember the last verse, it is about a 7 minute song so there are a lot of lyrics to remember. My chord progression has been getting a lot better and I have created little strategies to be able change from one chord to the next pretty smoothly. I am really proud of my progress, although I don't feel completely ready for my final performance of the entire song, I have made an amazing amount of progress in these weeks of my Genius Hour project. I feel that with a little bit more practice I will be able to have the confidence to post the final product of my work in the last few weeks. Reflecting on this process I have been through in the last few weeks, I think that being able to choose my own direction, my own goals and the tools I used to achieve these goals was really the secret to my success. I think a huge component of that was because this project was so passion driven I felt more motivated to work towards my goal. I really loved this project and it is something that I would definitely use this in my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cross Curricular Oral Communication

For the first three years of my teaching experience, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach drama to a wide range of students ...